• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ALEX

[car_restoration] Cti Restoration

ALEX

Well the project has hit a minor hurdle today.

Turns out that my supplier of hard to find components that I needed to finish the project has decided not to do business with me.

I don't know why, but he seems to think I've been stealing from him. He aparrently caught me taking things from a car hes breaking in his yard on camera. I challenged him to prove it as I know I'm innocent, but he had no record of the criminating footage!

This got me thinking he doesn't want to deal with me for other reasons, I'm thinking it's too much hard work for him to find the part on old microfilm and not worth his effort.

Though I find it a bit shocking that he had to brand me a thief to stop me from using him.

I'm used to getting this kind of attitude from places like GSF (depending on who you're dealing with) like I'm a second-rate citizen when buying parts for an old car. But this is a bit harsh.

I'm really shocked Peugeotparts in Brotherton which I've used for 16 years and recommended to loads.

I don't know if anyone on here uses him, but if he lets you into his yard, take off your coat and empty your pockets when you come back into the shop as you could be accused of stealing!!

mechanicalrepairs

That's sad, what bits are you looking for as I have a couple of breakers, albeit not cabriolets.

Car looks great.

Carl

• Like 1

ALEX

That's sad, what bits are you looking for as I have a couple of breakers, albeit not cabriolets. Car looks great. Carl

I'm in need of a genuine front bumper mainly with red insert.

I also need:

1. Two rubbber gromets for the underside of the boot floor for the spare wheel,

2. A clip for the headlight resistor

3. The plastic air duct fixed to the underside of the slam panel.

4. One front bumper to wing mouting (round bar that's flattened at the ends)

5. One round to hex rubber from the front bumper mounting fitted to those rusty pegs the bumper mounting slides over.

(i've bought new stainless steel mountings from Tom on here, but he doesn't supply them with rubber. I managed to salvage one rubber when I removed them)

6. The short stepped Vacuum pipe between the inlet manifold and the fuel pressure regulator .

7. These stiffening plates http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=145896&hl=

8. All Wing mirror spaces (white plastic tubes that clip in the cavity between the door behind the wing mirrors) I need all of them as they were missing, I think there's 3 each side but I could be wrong)

Thats all I can think of for now.

ALEX

Roof frame Primed

post-2783-0-75820100-1366534167_thumb.jpg

Painted gloss black

post-2783-0-07393200-1366534178_thumb.jpg

Still undecided whether to fit this (electric frame) or the original (manual frame) which just needs a bit of welding.

Got the power rams and pump off ebay, but I've just found out that the rear quarter windows are different also the rear quarter cards and I'll need platics covers too which I don't know if they did in phase 1.5 Grey?

I'm hoping the Canvas roof is the same, anyone know?

ALEX

Got the rest of the trim on, I painted the inserts flame red as the front one was rusty, bit shinyer red than original matt finish, but looks good.

post-2783-0-12817500-1366534572_thumb.jpg

Lights are removed as I'm fitting the driving lights today.

post-2783-0-81058400-1366534580_thumb.jpg

Edited by ALEX
  • Like 1

Slo

Those rear windows are fine for the electric roof so just the rear cards (i'd just trim these down), ram covers and console switch to get

ALEX

Those rear windows are fine for the electric roof so just the rear cards (i'd just trim these down), ram covers and console switch to get

How are you sure? The roof I took of was manual. :unsure:

I could take a better photo with some measurements to confirm it If you would?

ALEX

Still need these bits: (I'll put it in the wanted section aswell)

1. Two rubbber gromets for the underside of the boot floor for the spare wheel,

2. A clip for the headlight resistor

3. The plastic air duct fixed to the underside of the slam panel.

4. One front bumper to wing mouting (round bar that's flattened at the ends)

5. One round to hex rubber from the front bumper mounting fitted to those rusty pegs the bumper mounting slides over.

6. The short stepped Vacuum pipe between the inlet manifold and the fuel pressure regulator .

7. These stiffening plates http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=145896&hl=

8. 2 Wing mirror spaces (white plastic tubes that clip in the cavitybetween the door behind the wing mirrors)

9. Possibly the rear quarter windows for electric hood.

10. The plastic covers that fit over the power rams for the hood.

11. Centre console roof switch (not sure what I need do I have to replace the whole centre console?

12. And the wiring for the roof aswell would be helpful.

Edited by ALEX

Slo

I'm pretty certain just by looking at them that they have the right slope at the rear edge, and I did say that possibly all phase 1.5 and 2's may have them as standard. My phase 1 rear windows are almost square in comparison you can see the angle difference in my pictures that i uploaded. Why don't you lay out your other roof side by side and you will know for certain that they are the same angle :)

Oh and yes we can compare measurements no problem :ph34r: (you first tee hee)

Edited by Slo

GAZ-CTI88

I'm pretty certain just by looking at them that they have the right slope at the rear edge, and I did say that possibly all phase 1.5 and 2's may have them as standard. My phase 1 rear windows are almost square in comparison you can see the angle difference in my pictures that i uploaded. Why don't you lay out your other roof side by side and you will know for certain that they are the same angle :)

Oh and yes we can compare measurements no problem :ph34r: (you first tee hee)

They look like manual roof rear windows to me. I converted mine from manualt to electric (Well almost, it's a work in progress and it was only because the donor car was local and I needed a new roof anyway)

See ebay link below for differences (not my advert just used as a comparison)

Electric

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-Cti-Cj-Nearside-Rear-Window-Glass-/251252455563?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7fd0388b#ht_1017wt_1161

Maunal

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-Cti-Cj-Nearside-Rear-Window-Glass-/261109694744?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3A205&hash=item3ccb59c118#ht_880wt_1161

The top edge of the window is shorter on the electric and the rear edge is sharp as it runs down the angle in comparison to the rounded edge of the manual glass if that makes sense??

Hopefully of some help

Edited by GAZ-CTI88

Slo

did you compare roofs on the floor? or measure the windows?

ALEX

did you compare roofs on the floor? or measure the windows?

Not yet.

ALEX

Got the frame fitted.

Looks like I'll need the shorter rear windows if I'm keeping the electric roof frame as they dont wind up all the way with the roof down, :(

Slo

balls I was sure you would be ok on the glass sorry dude but don't lapse on the project i've just looked through this thread from the start again and you are doing a superb effort

layton1985

This thread is brilliant sorry to here about your parts supplier, I don't have anyone to supply me up my end (Manchester). Peugeot won't even look say the cars too old scrap yards never have 205's in or just crush them instantly and ebay is a joke selling cracked or damaged parts for crazy prices.

Hood are easy enough to get hold of, I need door seals and door to window seals for my cti and trim clips, I would like to repair the body work on my car but scared I won't be able to get hold of clips and seals which would end up with the car broken for parts.

JackTar

Alex great thread. Where did you get the sound deadening material for under the carpet?

lewis205cti

Hi. Excellent thread. You will need the shorter different shaped rear windows. I had to when I converted mine to electric. Dud you manage to find somewhere that sells the door/window seals? Ya Lewis

Davy

First time I've seen this! Excellent job ALEX! Keep up the good work.

ALEX

post-2783-0-26809200-1374783368_thumb.jpg

post-2783-0-40309900-1374783382_thumb.jpg

No more leaky sump!

post-2783-0-12471400-1374783393_thumb.jpg

post-2783-0-12706300-1374783407_thumb.jpg

The box is the windows for the electric roof I won on ebay!

Edited by ALEX

ALEX

post-2783-0-44777100-1374783464_thumb.jpg

post-2783-0-53188000-1374783481_thumb.jpg

post-2783-0-01985400-1374783473_thumb.jpg

post-2783-0-09882300-1374783494_thumb.jpg

Tried to show how neat the wiring is!

I spent hours getting it to look right and to avoid the window operation.

Edited by ALEX

ALEX

post-2783-0-30482900-1374783555_thumb.jpg

post-2783-0-64684500-1374783562_thumb.jpg

post-2783-0-51695100-1374783571_thumb.jpg

post-2783-0-63530000-1374783591_thumb.jpg

post-2783-0-21965200-1374783584_thumb.jpg

Photos not in order.

Had to repair the door swing stopper catch bracket with fixings.

Looks neat enough and it's half covered with the rubber door seal anyway.

Edited by ALEX