• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

welshpug

[car_overhaul] Zx 16V Project Pt2, Re-Shell And Power Upgrades....

welshpug

there is no plenum for a good vac signal to be taken from so its mapped on a flat 3 bar fuel pressure.

• Like 1

Plumbob

Cheers, that explains it.

johniban

Think that was on mine Jonathan, i cant use standard one as omex ecu cant run 8 injectors and i don't think you can use the standard one on a jenvey rail, and id already purchased an adjustable one so sticking with it for now,

• Like 1

dcc

I cant emplore you enough to ditch it :(

johniban

I can't see it's going to cause a problem if the adjuster isn't touched and it's not plumbed into the vac it should just stay at the set pressure, same as a fixed

Tom Fenton

Yep it SHOULD stay at a fixed pressure in theory, but in practise it's s lump of utter garbage, and it won't. But if you know differently, crack on.

• Like 1

Sandy

Fixed pressure Weber or Bosch reg is strongly advised. I have seen engines destroyed by loss on fuel pressure on track, going un-noticed; up to 1 bar (about 15% leaner) when hot, is not unusual and they are often less repsonsive to transient surges too.

Anthony

1 bar difference?! Crikey, I knew that they could drift but I had no idea that it was by that sort of margin! :o

welshpug

minor update - MOT ran out end of October so its been off the road whilst I tinker with a few bits, namely welding the exhaust and making pattern part tat actually fit properly, its quite shocking how crap the fit is!

New bushes on the bottom of the rear dampers, lifted the ride height a little on the back, swapped the bottom engine mount for a fairly fresh standard one but filled the voids with PU adhesive.

Annnddd managed to trace down a very reasonably priced genuine bosch fuel pump on teh bay of E all the way from Latvia, the walbro unit only lasted 3 months and left me stranded in west wales, not amused with that one!

MOT booked for later today

welshpug

one thing I love the SL434's for is that they are proper competition wheels for cars that used the same front end architecture (hub carriers drive flanges etc) , and thus they have quite epic brake caliper clearance radially....

21524891136_a1f523ee07_c.jpg
20150919_193222 by WELSHPUG, on Flickr

21524891006_7796bd1eea_c.jpg
20150919_193143_LLS by WELSHPUG, on Flickr

that's a Renaultsport Brembo caliper from the Clio 3/Megane 2 over a 310mm rotor on an alloy bell, with NO spacers :o granted there's bugger all clearance to the top corners where the nipples are, so I will run a small spacer to add a margin, but I am very pleased with that :D

Anthony

That's pretty impressive that 4 pots with a 310mm disk just about squeeze underneath a 15" wheel without any modification or spacers!

Is that setup not somewhat overkill for an ~1100kg odd ZX that's primarily a road car though?

dcc

Yeah its way too overkill.

welshpug

well they are off a 200 bhp 1200kg renault, and its a 200ish bhp 1150 kg citroen with slightly smaller discs, so maybe, maybe not.

They are lighter I believe.

wicked

I run the same brakes (normal brembo discs and pads), but mine have started to squeal... :blink: Are yours silent?

The extra brake power is an improvement, not overkill... ^_^

welshpug

mine are not on the car yet, but a friend has some on his 306 under a 15x6" Compomotive MO and a 10mm spacer, no squealing from his one either.

which discs and brackets do you use?

calvinhorse

I love the squeal! Proper brakes squeal.. Race cars squeal.. Pigs squeal.. And who doesn't like bacon!?

• Like 1

welshpug

someone who doesn't eat meat?...

S@m

That explains the sudden availability of Girling calipers!

welshpug

nooo, they've been on the shelf for ages, its still using the gti6 lucas brakes :P I'm moving house soon and reducing the pile of tat I don't need! :lol:

• Like 1

roland rat

nooo, they've been on the shelf for ages, its still using the gti6 lucas brakes :P I'm moving house soon and reducing the pile of tat I don't need! :lol:

Does that mean your scrapping the ZX? Haha!!!

welshpug

touche!!

new mot, taxed again.

love driving it when it works, hate driving it in town from cold! soon sort that by moving to Cardiff and biking to work.

roland rat

To be fair it's a cracking car mate just needs painting or wrapping now

wicked

mine are not on the car yet, but a friend has some on his 306 under a 15x6" Compomotive MO and a 10mm spacer, no squealing from his one either.

which discs and brackets do you use?

Brembo pads and Brembo 302mm discs (307cc 2.0 hdi).

They only squeal on light breaking... Bit annoying in traffic... Not annoying enough to ditch the calipers btw...

welshpug

not surprised, they are a bit narrow at 26mm, you need 28mm discs.

To be fair it's a cracking car mate just needs painting or wrapping now

that's the plan! but either one means £££ :/

wicked

But the pistons would sit at the same level as compared with 28mm discs and 1mm worn from the pads?