• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ammm84
On 1/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, welshpug said:

looks like a separate pressed in part.

Not sure about this. But could be possible. I have been told about people with this cams, and without this teeth wheel, and without issues. A problem of tomorrow's me:D.

Now, I got the EW12 engine dissasembled, and the EW10J4S head on the machining workshop to be cleaned, skimmed, and new valve seals taken. 

The balance shafts has been deleted, and I will balance the cranckshaft to prevent vibrations as dcc told here:

The oil gallery to the balance shafts have been already tappered and blocked 

IMG_20210130_140908.thumb.jpg.2e49fd1c5c518be4bdc5e78f2e253fc0.jpg

IRISH_MI16

This thread has me seriously considering a 2.3 Ew build over a 2.3 xu build for my 405

• Like 1

Gaz7612
On 8/30/2021 at 10:05 PM, IRISH_MI16 said:

This thread has me seriously considering a 2.3 Ew build over a 2.3 xu build for my 405

Did you go any further with you 2.3EW idea? 

IRISH_MI16
3 minutes ago, Gaz7612 said:

Did you go any further with you 2.3EW idea? 

After alot of thought a 2.3 xu turned out to be the better engine long term. There's no altering of mounts, exhausts etc. 

Blocks are plentiful and strong for the long term 

Darko_BG

Does anyone try to put 306 GTI 6 TB on 206 RC intake manifold?

I would like to put RC manifold on GTI engine,it is electric and i need to convert it to mechanical.

speaksgeek
23 minutes ago, Darko_BG said:

Does anyone try to put 306 GTI 6 TB on 206 RC intake manifold?

I would like to put RC manifold on GTI engine,it is electric and i need to convert it to mechanical.

There are some examples of a cable throttle body here:

https://www.beignat-competition.fr/206/

I personally think drive by wire is great, so I'd convert to a bosch motorsport throttle body before I went cable - as long as you're using an aftermarket ECU like motec or megasquirt etc that supports DBW.

petert

Motec or Megasquirt? I guess they both start with M.

speaksgeek
2 minutes ago, petert said:

Motec or Megasquirt? I guess they both start with M.

It’s a spectrum

FarinMCE

Hello Guys!

I'm Martin from Austria. I am also tinkering with EW Engines. So one question came up only  the experts here can answer ;)

Can the iron diesel block be used to build an ew10?

I want more regidity for boost without the hasslo of sleeving blocks...

Thank you guys!

IRISH_MI16
45 minutes ago, FarinMCE said:

Hello Guys!

I'm Martin from Austria. I am also tinkering with EW Engines. So one question came up only  the experts here can answer ;)

Thank you guys!

Would be with a dw10 or dw12 block then. I read somewhere that the heads are interchangeable but someone would need to verify. 

But why not just go with an xu engine 

speaksgeek
58 minutes ago, FarinMCE said:

Hello Guys!

Thank you guys!

Going back to the start of this thread, the bottom end bearings are well supported with a girdle to make them good and strong. You can use the diesel cranks as they are forged.

With custom rods and pistons I've seen a few people claiming around 400hp from the EW10 and EW12 engines with a turbo. There's one a few pages back, and a few scattered around on facebook.

I haven't looked too hard at what is different between the blocks. The only DW10 engine I pulled apart definitely had some differences in a bunch of places, but it was fairly junked so I didn't spend any real time on it.

There was a bloke in the Netherlands running huge boost through a DW10 with diesel for mini tractor pulling. Not on this site though, I think a 306 forum.

welshpug

I have seen a 600 wheel bhp 206 using an EW engine in a road car, so I think the aluminium  block is good enough  :lol:

Jonicribyn@gmail.com
On 7/8/2020 at 6:53 AM, speaksgeek said:

So, again to bang on about dry sumps.

My EW10J4S had a failure last year, just a month or so before Pug1Off completed my dry sump kit. I put the engine in a corner, and grabbed a new one from a donor car.

I recently made some time to pull the engine down and see what broke.

It matches up with the comment Sandy made at the start, that the oil pump is one of the key weaknesses of the EW.

The rest of the engine wasn't actually too bad, lots of worn bearings on both the rods and crank, but no real damage that I can see. Cams seemed to survive without any issues.

Did you get your dry sump system? And did it cure the oil problems? I'm having problems with my rallying car now since putting on boddies.

Thanks

gingieboi
1 hour ago, Jonicribyn@gmail.com said:

Did you get your dry sump system? And did it cure the oil problems? I'm having problems with my rallying car now since putting on boddies.

Thanks

I believe Sandy is still working on perfecting his, I'm waiting for one for myself :)

speaksgeek
4 hours ago, Jonicribyn@gmail.com said:

Thanks

Yes, I definitely did. And yes it did.

I'm very happy with the outcome, it's not a cheap upgrade but it has removed any anxiety about PCV routing and oil surge on track.

You can buy it through Pug1Off.

Darko_BG

Hi,

Can camshafts from 206 rc can be used in 206 s16 engine?

Best regards.

dcc

Well, it's not as easy as giving a yes no answer.

The 206 RC has vvt, I assume the s16 doesn't (I assume you mean the 2.0 ew10j4s cams in to the ew10j4).

Or can you clarify?