• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

p1234

[Race_Prep] 205 Race/rallycross

Para

Hi there,

Glad to see another 205 fan from Dublin, is the car ready for next track day @ Mondello / 6th of May ? I was just about to put my name on it, it would be nice to see another french car there finally.

Cheers,

Mike !

p1234

Did you buy a gti6 loom off me last year by any chance Mike?

Yeah ill be booking it in next week for the 6th, small bit of suspension work needs sorting and a passenger seat fitted but otherwise good to go, I know of another 205 heading down for it too.

Para

Yes I did, and ECU. I didn't realize this is you, cool I will see you then at the track. Really looking forward to it now because for the passed few track days I was the outsider between all the hondas :)

Do you have a spare set of headlamps by any chance ? I need them replaced for NCT, as my one are the European ones.

Cheers,

Mike

p1234

I did a lot of track days in my old white 205 gti6 before I started Rallycross, kept those Honda's quiet!

I have a set of headlights might even have 2 sets, ill have a look in the garage next time im down, when's the Nct?

Peter.

Para

I didn't book it yet, I will book as soon as I will have the headlamps so no rush :) thanks.

It must be a great noise from those throttle bodies on gti6 , I will inspect the car @ mondello ;) If you need some stickers , maybe T16 style I could print you some I have good printers in my job.

p1234

Ill dig a set out and bring them down on the 6th. Pop over ill take you for a few laps, bring some ear plugs :D

I have some graphics worked out and currently looking for a printer, send me your e mail and ill send you my idea.

p1234

Id dare to use the word 'finished' as there always seems to be something to tinker with but as for now its done.

Car_zpsf6e23af8.jpg

Were off to a track day on Monday for a bit of a run in, fitted a passenger seat, tidied the inside up a bit with some door cards and changed the oil.

20130502_171911_zpsdb6f5b19.jpg

20130504_122912_zps153fd237.jpg

20130504_142310_zps16e39c43.jpg

Go pro mounted now as well so ill have a video or two all going well.

Edited by p1234

p1234

Just back from a disaster of a day.

Got some laps in this morning, engine seemed to drop in power after 4 handy laps so pulled in. Had a root round all seemed to be ok so went out again, lost all power completly after 3 laps and had to be towed in. No compresion, crank is good and cams seem fine. Don't know it the belt skipped a tooth or what but needless to say that was the end of our day.

Edited by p1234

p1234

Found the fan belt lodged in the timing belt cover resulting in this

20130507_134337_zps65405f61.jpg

Head off getting some new valves fitted. Ill have it back by the weekend and put it back together.

• Like 1

Para

That's bad luck, did you thought how you can avoid this happening next time ?

p1234

Ill have a look into making a cover of some description Mike.

Shouldn't be too difficult to protect it better. Don't fancy whipping the head off again.

Picked up a new fan belt head bolts inlet gasket and timing belt today, I don't fancy using the old one again incase it stretched. Oh and more oil, its 3rd can of total 9000 in the past 4 weeks!

Para

Where you getting the oil from, I know very good source in Dublin for Total oils. They have everything including the racing oils, very good prices. Let me know if you need the contact.

p1234

I got 5 liters of total 9000 5w40 in peugeot bluebell for €40.

Send me on the number Mike.

welshpug

ouch, is that 8 bent?

p1234

Cheers Mike, they will come in handy, might pick up a 20 ltr drum off them.

Yeap, bent all the inlets, left 8 lovely polshed rings on the pistons too.

sparx10james

bad luck. looks great tho. wil have to bring up my 205 whens urs is going again

p1234

Head is back after its re build, 10 bent valves and a broken lug on one of the cam pulleys.

Put it back together only to find the bottom pulley had moved a bit on the rubber so decided to order a light weight one which should be here soon.

Also ordered a satchshift from kam racing, although Miles gearbox felt very tight and smooth the throw was too long as I was still using standard gear rods.

I had the scruiteneers look over the car and there not happy with the position of the fuel filler, so ill have to look at that. I was thinking of fitting the tank in the boot or extending the filler neck to one of the rear windows.

welshpug

where is the filler now?

p1234

It has a 25 liter aluminium tank in the standard spot with the neck up through the circular hole beside the pump.

It makes filling very difficult plus there's no firewall either which isnt ideal.

p1234

All back together now,

Fired up on the button, booked in for a trackday Monday week so hopefully get a good days testing done.

Back to the rolling road early next week for a check over beforehand as I had a little adjustment with the timing.

Satchshift fitted as well, looking forward to see how that performs, very well engerineered piece of kit.

p1234

Been a while since I last updated this thread,

It competed in its first competitive event last weekend, rounds 3 and 4 of the Irish touring car championship. Had a great days racing, tried the car on slicks for the first time too, impossible to get heat into the rears which made the first 3 or 4 laps fairly exciting and busy!!

The 3j Driveline diff is insane, pulls you around the corner like nothing else. The satchshift.....brilliant. The car amazes me with how late you can brake, spitting flames while kocking its back leg. An absolute ball of fun to drive, really puts a smile on your face. Heres a few photos from the day.

unnamed33_zps0def7120.jpg

unnamed35_zpsdd1bff16.jpg

I had a bit of late drama when I realised I needed headlights so had to do a bit of a make shift job but it got us through the scrutineer's which was the main thing.

I don't know if this is the end of the project thread. id love more power (who doesn't) Supercharging might happen next year but for now the plan is to do a few more rounds of the touring cars and a few track days and just enjoy the car.

Were heading to Pembrey for the Btrda rallycross with my 8v in June so concentrating on getting that car ready now....its endless!!

• Like 1

petert

I'm keen to follow your progress on this! I've been toying of buying one for my Mi16x4.

p1234

I'm going high boost with it and run it on my Emerald. Won't be running it to its full potential of 400hp but somewhere a little more usable.

I'll be stripping my existing engine and selling the itb's cams etc.

What are my options as regards to shafts and clutch?