• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

stef205

[car_upgrade] Stef's 205 Gti6 Conversion And Tidy

Anthony

Ive been struggling with leaking rear quarter windows and i didnt want to loose the opening factor and follow trend and use the non opening windows from the poverty specs. So dan kindly donated some 306 rear quarter seals he had laying about and i set about fitting them to the 205. They needed to be cut and then have a couple of inches cut off. Good result in the end as the windows are no longer leaking!

Interesting - I'd been pondering the feasability of this myself recently with using the seals from a later 3dr with opening rear quarters as one of mine is starting to leak in heavy rain, I just hadn't yet had chance to pop alone to the scrappy with a tape measure to find something that would fit. Good to hear that 306's are an option if I can't find something that's a straight fit :)

You didn't waste any time getting started on that subframe either!

stef205

i mean the seals arent perfect but it was worth a go, ha no i didnt waste much time my current one is bad so i need to crack on.

cybernck

i replied with- only if you agree that the 205 was the better model made!

The BEST! :D

stef205

ive recently been working on a bump steer kit, mainly to replace my tired tre's. Ive still not 100% completed it yet so still working progress.

23EEB16A-81A6-4BC8-85F2-CAA430D86C20_zps

Also i decided to carry on abit more with my new inlet design, so today i took off the existing inlet to do a test fit on the new design before it gets welded up, still needs a few more tweeks then it should be ready, also im due to start upgrading the fuel system as now and then i get the odd fuel starvation, so im having my friend over at jek fabrications knock me up a swirl pot to sit under the boot floor.

Here is where i got to after today, ignore my engineering cable ties ^_^

C0885668-8087-4480-BA4D-5D2B2E7C8526_zps

I also picked up a cheap action camera off ebay to record any action i do in the car, its no where need go pro standards but its good enough, It is switchable from 720p @60fps or 1080p @30 fps and can take anything upto a 32gb micro sd.

C5E8A369-B9D1-4790-9C15-E5062EB0F191_zps

:)

cybernck

I've recently got the same camera! For the price and the selection of mounts that comes with it - it's better than GoPro :lol:.

stef205

I'm actually using the handle bar mount as the clamp for the camera as then I can postion the camera any way round. So far so good for the money

stef205

ive been looking for a good replacement outer drivers weather strip for a while and with service box listing as nfp i started to look for other options, so i picked up some 106 weather strips. I offered them up to the door and they are the same length so i fitted them and tbh they dont look out of place.

D84F2F0D-3BB4-4D54-9B16-A91BFF3F8D93_zps

did more adjustments to the new inlet, one more test fit and i think its ready for welding!

218CEEF1-B476-4F87-A53E-60C661469787_zps

stef205

Today I started to swap over the subframes, along with my pas rack and fresh inner tie rods and tre's, I'm planning to use a saxo/106 power steering pump and hopefully mount it under the expansion tank. Once in i'll pay a visit to my local eagle plant and get some hoses made up.

C1A67691-0DFE-4C62-9B16-F666A6D522ED_zps

stef205

On Saturday i took part in a local event called drag and drift, It was my first time at any competition stuff, i went along with wes and tried not letting my nerves get the best of me. After taking over an hour to sign on i got going. After taking on the honda community and nailing them all i had ago at the bigger boys, winning by a car length to a new bmw 335ci and making the owner feel sick i went up against a m3 and lost by a door length. I managed to line up against wes in his truck but that result is still on going. ;) All in all i had a very good day and was happy with the car and myself.

E0E02E12-FDB3-4CCA-B6F7-F3B0E953A191_zps

th_IMG_0692_zps6a12ea2d.jpg

th_IMG_0695_zps0dd2ae9b.jpg

i managed a best of 13.8s and came away the fastest fwd car

stef205

Its been awhile since i updated this mainly due to been busy at work and other comitments anyway,

Ive had my new inlet welded up and i have just got the fuel rail mountings left to fabricate and to finish the modified fuel rail. I plan to use a aftermarket regulator due to the lack of room.

C23639F4-67E9-44EE-9ACF-1F9A8430A14E_zps

IMG_1598_zps6e141d7a.jpg

IMG_1581_zpse14aa27b.jpg

Give you a idea how short it is. :lol:

I also recently placed a order with torques for some fancy fuel lines and fittings to be fitted with the new inlet.

IMG_1555_zps5693524f.jpg

Mot was due at the beginning of april and passed with no advisories which i was pleased with.

Also it was due a service after its hiding at drag and drift, apon inspection of the fuel lines i discovered a nice perrished hose leading to the rail.

8B95AB8A-C89E-48E2-9B36-53DB7C0D6E4C_zps

Ive replaced with some ordinary injection hose for now.

Now for some slightly bad news, after finishing work i arrived at the car to find some scum, which looked like a nice key scratch down the rear quarter pannel. Luckly the camera on the roof had been on motion detection, to find it was done by some yob on a bmx with the handle bars! Living in a small town im luckly to know most people that live in the town. Anyway after speaking to ali he suggested (and i quote) "go key his face" :lol: i thought it was abit of a over reaction, i confronted the lad in the dorset fashion. More body work to be added while the car is in for the insurance repair.

IMG_1592_zpsa66c8d16.jpg

All for now :)

allye

So you didn't key his face? What other possibly solution is there!?

chipstick

Luckly the camera on the roof had been on motion detection, to find it was done by some yob on a bmx with the handle bars! Living in a small town im luckly to know most people that live in the town. Anyway after speaking to ali he suggested (and i quote) "go key his face" :lol: i thought it was abit of a over reaction, I confronted the lad in the dorset fashion.

What's the Dorset fashion? You tickled his tummy?

GLPoomobile

What's the Dorset fashion? You tickled his tummy?

Twatted him with a dinosaur fossil I expect.

stef205

Twatted him with a dinosaur fossil I expect.

im not sure it was a fossil but sure that will do for the record. :lol:

Harni

What were your symptoms when this wasn't releasing enough air? Ive finally got my boost leak sorted and am seeing about 6psi now but at highish revs/boost, if i let off the throttle i get a chirp from the engine bay, almost like the belt is slipping for a split second. Im thinking its the charger stalling due to not releasing enough air and the belt slipping. Does that sound like what you had?

Car looks great mate. Will this be at Pugfest again this year? Would love a good look over it!

stef205

Yeah I started with 2 Bosch recirculating valves venting to atmosphere, but I was still having the same issue but with improvements, I now have 3 valves and it sorted the issue. You could try a tial 50mm dv but they are mega bucks.

I hope to have the car at pugfest and fcs. Glad you've got things sorted on yours now.

Harni

Cheers man :)

Going on track or up the hill at all?

stef205

long over due update, the car is finally repair after the accident. I have to thank the lads at the bodyshop theyve done a cracking job. I had the roof and both rear quarters painted while the car was there too.

4526115E-8562-49D3-9D91-7183EFC92E17_zps

5A5566FE-5F04-43AC-8D0C-5EF8B754BB19_zps

Ill have a few more updates coming soon, ive got a bias valve to fit and the inlet, braided hoses and a new bonnet.

• Like 1

stef205

Done abit of work to the 205 over the last few days.
My red carpet was getting blacker and blacker everyday so i decided to change it for a plain black carpet. Took the advantage and repainted the cage and also bought some new seats as i was falling out of the old seats. Ive yet to sort out some new harnesses but will more than likely go for some 5 points.
923B51CF-DAEE-4EFC-9264-3C379742C947_zps
3EA7EF0B-0E51-42B6-B856-E24C54CB6135_zps
I also picked up some group n mounts from stew at fcs so ive started to fit them, already noticed the difference.
25A71E83-C811-4D07-88D7-F96774C3412A_zps
24B83666-CE02-4A02-A6DA-4457277018DB_zps
Ive been wanting to keep a eye on the charger temp and air temp, so i bought afew small digital read outs with probes which seem to give me a rough idea.
4E18A5DD-6E9F-48A5-A6B0-C8F5CA3E682E_zps
Painted my spare set of cam covers as the old ones had seen better days.
3E818B4D-14CB-499B-8676-AACF26B05E0A_zps

• Like 1

stef205

I feel as i should up date this, alot has changed with the car, ill only do a brief update but ill let some pictures do the talking.

Bought this "slightly" bigger charger.

Eyed it up "Bosh!"

83E8206E-121D-4257-9556-D6F47EDC96D8_zps

mean while i fitted the new inlet

21466346-42D8-4F23-94A2-38E513B2DB66_zps

Used my dorset enginnering skills to start mounting.

5308485F-50C6-46C9-83A2-BCF3EC4A723F_zps

Fitted some braided lines and adjustable regulator

00DBD51C-5EA3-49B5-AC2B-AB0BD442EE27_zps

Finished the mounting

D537AE83-91E9-4C2A-A0A1-824222C10F0B_zps

Fitted my swanky new boss and 6 rib pulley and used my dorset enginnering skills again to mount the outlet.

58925425-501A-412D-984D-7331182D3657_zps

belted and suited it

64E72CA0-F5C9-456A-8274-FCAD9B99E8AD_zps

Outcome

IMG_1908_zps7fb5e1b1.jpg

Running well with no issues, im booked in with sandy again for a remap, Straight away ive seen a big noticable difference even at the same boost levels as the m45.

Excuse my brief update. :D

welshpug

M62?

Just one suggestion which would aid your cooling would be to block up all the open space next to the radiator, given air takes path of least resistance etc, no doubt there will be a fair bit of heat to deal with given a blower of that size :D

allye

Your engine bay gets more and more ridiculous.