• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

stef205

[car_upgrade] Stef's 205 Gti6 Conversion And Tidy

timmsy19

Cant believe the police are that bad where you are! :o

My old Mi had a straight though, no silencers and the rear box had minimal sound deadening and the plod never blinked an eye to it :S

stef205

Oh yes, although I was a bit of a terror when I was young with my 205 gt which probably hasn't help.

(null)

stef205

My mandrel bends turned up today for the exhaust which should be going on wednesday. Although i will have to cut the lips off on the end of the bends which when advertised they wernt on there.

70a9ce67.jpg

Also have been toying with this

93e5bdab.jpg

possibly some boost involved, been looking at the eaton chargers as ive never owned a car with a turbo etc, I have seen its been done before with good results.

stef205

so today i had the new exhaust box fitted.

c33b5448.jpg

My mate hard at it

8bf71925.jpg

d3c1af73.jpg

also when down to a 2.5" tailpipe

273221d0.jpg

Also had some rear calipers shot blasted read to paint and rebuilt.

4ed42db4.jpg

All for now :)

welshpug

crikey! extreme lengths to get the noise down, should be like a mouse now :lol:

stef205

Yes it is haha I'm going to ask them if I get an award for being under standard limits

(null)

allye

Crikey! Glad I don't work in Lyme any more they wouldn't like me :lol:

stef205

no stay way, although i thought about a big group of us to drive through lyme engines blaring etc just to watch there faces :lol:

• Like 1

stef205

so today i set about rebuilding some spare rear calipers i had. On rebuilding the handbrake side i ran into a issue with getting the lever back in so i went about mading up some kind of tool to squash the washers up to get the lever back in, worked very well for what it was.

47be9dfd.jpg

c1c506d1.jpg

77aefd8f.jpg

got some discs and pads for the rear from carparts4less for a grand total of £28 del which i thought was very good. Just waiting for my drilled and grooved discs to come back from the machine shop from being skimmed and the warped after the rears failed and to match them with a 23mm master cylinder when it arrive.

damo

looking good :) Thanks for the help by the way. Nice tidy up / tweaking of the motor.

stef205

Haven't updated in awhile, been having a few issues with the car generally the engine management. Car cut out on me at 50 mph out of the blue. Got towed back, did abit of testing etc wasn't getting any signal to injectors etc, did continuity etc loom checked out fine. After 2weeks of getting no where and the expense of trying various thing I bit the bullet and ordered up a omex, I planned to modify the engine at some point so this would come in handy.

Got the omex in and wired up, starts and runs, going to have it mapped as it is for now as I want to take it to pugfest this year :) can anyone recommend a mapper? I was going to try Tipton garage down here he seems to know what he's doing. What is the hourly rate for a remap? Obviously it will take more than a hour.

stef205

Well I took the advise is was given on a coil pack for the omex and picked up a coil pack off a xsi for £20 from the local scrappy. Got it fitted and wired in runs well.

3b49d510.jpg

Also I've my m45 supercharger has come and inter cooler and have been toying with positions, the car is due to go over to my friends workshop, Ive got a 1.9 box and another exhaust manifold to re angle and will most likely treat it to a new clutch.

Also got annoyed with the stupid weather so I put a gazebo over it :)

07b2d996.jpg

Dont think it will end up staying in this place would like it to sit behind bumper.

damo

looking good :) as soon as we get some dry days ill pop down and give you a hand :)

stef205

cheers mate, its in side the workshop now, not at home anymore. No need to wait for dry days, Just bought a fibreglass bonnet cheap to replace the twisted rubbish on it atm. Give me a text if your gonna pop over.

stef205

So today I began to remove the engine from the car, and with in a few hours I was left with this

f219a10a.jpg

Then i swapped the gearbox over to the 1.9 also took the clutch off to check and it seemed fine, I half expected it as it had only done a few thousand miles. Then I began to to see where I could mount the supercharger and by the end of the day we had decided, leaving the alternator in the stock position.

d2fd974a.jpg

After cutting the standard mount up the charger was in a good postion then began to start to make a mount for it.

42f43a47.jpg

I then noticed for some reason the pulley was spaced with washers. After removing the pulley we found that it looked like a alternator pulley. So I now need to source a pulley as I can't continue with the bracket till I source a pulley.

stef205

Today I cut up a 6 inlet as the standard inlet is to big a d won't give enough room for the charger.

Then machined it on the mill.

3c2f14e0.jpg

3ba53ea6.jpg

My supercharger pulley is coming tomorrow so I should be able to finally get it mounted and secured.

Little video if anyone is interested :)

th_153ddd0a.jpg

Edited by stef205

stef205

today i got the supercharger mounted on the front mounting today. i got my pulley but had issues as it turns out the charger is off a merc but is still a m45 as found on the minis, i have a 16mm shaft with a key way and the minis have a 20mm shaft that the pulleys have to be heated onto the shaft, so the guys at jonspeed racing are making me one from scratch, hats off to them as they knew exactly what it was.

b2efbddc.jpg

3df59dc0.jpg

engine goes back in car tomorrow then we can see what room i have.

stef205

so engine went back in today and good news it all fits!, sorted out a belt setup, using a old 6 belt tensioner and aux belt tensioner.

530f48fe.jpg

hope to start on the inlet tomorrow and maybe the first of the boost hoses :) also my new rad turned up, thicker than standard and all alloy.

7e961b78.jpg

Edited by stef205

allye

This will be finished by next week stef!

If its done before the end of the summer I'm coming over for a ride!

stef205

i doubt it will be done for pugfest :( yes allye your first in cue

stef205

thanks zara certainly getting there.

Today i started playing with inlet idea but didnt get anywhere positive, tried the standard inlet chamber upside down it lined up port hole same etc but was to big bonnet was having none of it! so i scrapped that idea.

3b5f86ab.jpg

on a better note i got the new rad fitted and fan, sorted the bottom hose which worked out nicely.

9443ce06.jpg

started on the first boost hose from the charger sits close to the rad but it needs abit more work, hope to have it removable so i can change the filter when needed.

9cd3e74e.jpg

all for now ^_^

stef205

Haven't updated in abit, I finally finished off the inlet manifold and egged my mate on to weld it up as he had never welded aluminium before.

0754138c.jpg

So today I started to strip the supercharger to start to rebuild it, only to find that someone had been there before and bodge it up big time and really is beyond repair which is a bummer, now have to source another charger, so looks like the car will sit on the drive a bit longer :( turns out the supercharger is a Mercedes supercharger but have no idea what it's off.

allye

Looking great Stef, didn't know superchargers needed such maintenance. Whats up with it? How do you service them? Bearing I guess

stef205

Well I was just going to change the bearings and seals as it was out etc. It looks like its had a hard life before me so I'm just going to try find another one. The seals have melted and casing is scored well and as I have no idea what its off I cannot get the seals etc it's alot different to the mini m45 inside.