• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

stef205

[car_upgrade] Stef's 205 Gti6 Conversion And Tidy

stef205

well last week i was stopped in the car by the police and they tested the exhaust for noise, admittedly it was in the paper that they had a new toy, they were allowing 90dbs i got 86db at idel and 94db at 3k so they fined me £30. So this week i made a new system up from stainless, 2.5" system with 2 boxes and 3" tip and it came out like this

bba91a88.jpg

66a3531e.jpg

5c0daf1f.jpg

deab0db5.jpg

7be878d0.jpg

Im now waiting for them to ring me so they can test it again, although i have a db meter on my phone and it came to 81db so fingers crossed.

Also i had a new chamber made up for my throttle bodies, hopefully it will fit under the bonnet this time.

8943c339.jpg

Will start to fit them once i have bought a omex or emerald ecu to run them ^_^

dav1

that exhaust looks really good. were you get your boxes from? did you buy all the bends too? i need to quieten mine down.

stef205

Yeah bought it all I used a 5x12 middle box and 6x 14 rear box but I need to quieten mine down abit.

BusEngineer

Love that tailpipe design

stef205

I tried to make it standard ish looking, I think i will change the tip to a 2.5" as the tip is only tacked on at the moment. As for sound it's lovely fair bit of induction noise.

Paul_13

Can't believe they tested your car :lol: How come they're retesting it?

Nice fabrication on the new exhaust :)

stef205

Funny enough I've got back from work to find that they won't be testing it at the time that was arranged with them. They said that they would let me know. The trouble is is that I live in a small town and I don't think they have anything better to do!

stef205

yesterday we took the exhaust down and decieded to wrap the exhaust

3f1f861f.jpg

just waiting on a exhaust bung for the tip to make it less loud for the old bill.

sensualt101

looks like the plod have a boring time of things where you live? why do they never do what they should be doing ie catching criminals and protecting the public when instead they spend their time making revenue for the government from law abiding motorists!!! is it any wonder we all hate them? :angry: rant over! nice car by the way! lol what have you done with the 2nd gti that you mentioned at the start? is it past saving?

welshpug

law abiding motorists

if you were law abiding the traffic police wouldn't have any reason to stop you ;)

• Like 1

stef205

That gti was sold to be honest it was a wreck, I've told the police when Peugeot make a standard exhaust for a 205 with a gti6 lump then I will put it on ;)

sensualt101

if you were law abiding the traffic police wouldn't have any reason to stop you ;)

i dont agree with you at all welsh pug even though i am completely legal and so is my car i have been stop checked and had my time wasted many many times! thats why i wrote my honest opinion!

stef205

I wasn't checked by a traffic copper it was a pcso and local copper, they don't have anything better to do. The town is a ghost town this time of year. They've stopped me in the past for my nitro rc trucks asking if I had insurance! They take piss

stef205

Not much up date but may be adding a 3rd box to the exhaust under the boot. But I was stopped today by a plain white Bmw undercover police. Got out the car for them to say that they were letting me know that my exhaust was shooting flames haha

(null)

NDJN

Very interesting read mate! Car looks amazing

stef205

Ive done abit more in the last few days finished the 1.9 gearbox and also change the stub axles as they were to short, but on removable we found this

c0fca8a4.jpg

Slightly bent :lol:

Also having a 3rd box made for the exhaust to sit under the boot floor as still having noise issues, having some kind of chamber put in the box.

0e67f446.jpg

stef205

I picked up the new box today that i had made 18x10x5" so fairly big

ebaf780f.jpg

6343b48a.jpg

Just need to order a few bends and get it in

welshpug

Don't quite get why you're struggling to get the noise levels down on a standard engine :unsure:

stef205

police want it under 90db not 100db like trackdays, 100 is twice as much as 90db

GLPoomobile

looks like the plod have a boring time of things where you live?

You should take a trip to Lyme Regis some time. Wicker man siiiiir? :D

Could be worse though. Branscombe :ph34r:

welshpug

police want it under 90db not 100db like trackdays, 100 is twice as much as 90db

still shouldn't be that loud, maybe your boxes just aren't big enough,

stef205

i have a 5x14" round centre and a 6x12" round rear box, police have always been the same round here.

welshpug

tiny boxes!

stef205

Still its 94-95db at the moment

(null)