• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Para

[car_upgrade] Black 205 Gti6 - 1991

Para

I forgot to mention that I didn't fit the front ARB from 309 GTI as I couldn't get the bushes anywhere !!!!!! Anyone could help me out here ?

Paul_13

I forgot to mention that I didn't fit the front ARB from 309 GTI as I couldn't get the bushes anywhere !!!!!! Anyone could help me out here ?

No longer available in England so I guess the same in Poland to :(

Para

Any other places to get them from under the desk ?

Para

Following this guide http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=127182&hl=quick+rack was very helpful with the project. Of course some things had to be done differently as the steering wheel is on the left side of the car. We didn't had any problems with brake pump as the clearance was very good.

Following the guide i've replaced all the sensors needed, we also had to use different engine arm and the engine went in with VTS gearbox. After a long reading session I've decided I will keep VTS gearbox. Hopefully it will be more useful for my requirements then 1.9 GTI or GTI6 one.

With the beginning of the project I start stocking up for extra parts which will freshen up the car. I've got new headlamps / front and back, new clear indicators as well as new SIEM driving lights. After a while I had great chance to buy the original set of spot lights for very good money so I didn't hesitate even for a while. They like to go rusty and crack so it's always good to have a spare set :) On our polish 205 forum we've organized the group buy to get those SIEM lights and they were shipped to us from Italy for 50 pounds per set

Magneti Marelli (SIEM)

dscf000220112008143203.jpg

CIEBE (Peugeot)

rarytashalogenycibienow.jpg

firstcar_205gti

Thanks Vinorak, I like your Griffe. How is it keeping now ?

I got rid of ABS system as I didn't find that setup efficient enough, instead I bought another useless equipment which is A/C unit :P

img6917.jpg

img6915.jpg

Summer in Poland can be pretty hot wub.gif

wish i had a/c <_<

Para

So.. few weeks ago I've collected the car. Car is up and running now and I've done about 1600 miles so far without major accidents or faults. It looks like looms was sort out correctly but there is a few little issues which I want to fix in the future. Rev counter still doesn't work !!!! ( I've seen a topic here for group buy for a special loom, I already put my name there so hopefully it will be fixed soon )

Car goes like a rocket and I'm really happy from the power output. I was worried about loosing the traction but with new Proxes tyres it's not an issue.

22092011842.jpg

24092011854.jpg

24092011855.jpg

SurGie

Looking good Mike, how did you get on with the water pipes, did they all fit well and easy ? ?

feb

Great work!

What happened to your red Gti then?

Where did you buy the headlights from -I could do with a LHD set- and are there any sets of SIEM driving lights left from the group buy?

Cheers!

Edited by feb

Para

Looking good Mike, how did you get on with the water pipes, did they all fit well and easy ? ?

Thanks George, pipes were very good. I am very happy from them, I use every little piece I got from you happy.gif

Great work!

What happened to your red Gti then?

Where did you buy the headlights from -I could do with a LHD set- and are there any sets of SIEM driving lights left from the group buy?

Cheers!

Red GTI has been sold when I was moving back to Krakow for a year. About week after I moved I saw a video on youtube with my car being crashed... Guy which I sold the car to , went through the red light and crash into a taxi. He spend a year already trying to put it back on the road, he re - shelled the car, repainted it to original colour, took everything which he could and at the moment he have some electric issues and he can't start the car... I stopped believing that this car will be running again.

I got the headlamps on "polish ebay" website www.allegro.pl , it was very difficult to find the right one, left one are not a problem.

1167949529.jpg

No spotlights left from the group buy, it was the most successful group buy on our website, plenty of people decided to get them. wink.gif

BlueBolt

Awesome work!!

Never knew the 406 Brembo's fitted without spacers???

• Like 1

Para

There are 16mm spacers in front ...

dystanse-sparco-peugeot_17691.jpg

22092011839.jpg

Bad news everyone... I sold SL434 :( !!!!

Edited by Para

vinorak

how does it break? it must be like a drag chute :lol: i like your car

Para

Braking force is superb, brand new disc and brake pads all around, braided hoses and brembo calipers are way to much then the car needs. I have original Peugeot brake pads in front and they are making mad scratchy noise each time I am braking. Any advices which pads would be nice and quiet ????

SurGie

Try applying some copper grease on the back of the pads, the noise comes from the friction. It could also be some sort of foreign body ie dirt etc. Give the disks a clean with brake cleaner and check the pad face if there are any bits on it.

Its generally standard practice to apply copper grease on the back of the pads :)

Paul_13

Brembo brakes squeal like crazy. Unsure if any has got them to be quiet!

Josh_Quant

where did you get them spacers from bud?

and with the spacers do they rub the arches?

thanks josh

joey21

Bodywork looks fantastic and what a clean engine bay.

SurGie

What are the thickness of the spacers ?

Para

where did you get them spacers from bud?

and with the spacers do they rub the arches?

thanks josh

These are Sparco spacers bought on one of the rally supplier website: http://www.rallyshop...rco-peugeot-205

Bodywork looks fantastic and what a clean engine bay.

Thanks, it's all look good at the picture but when you look closer you can see lots of imperfections. I am planning to sent the car for respraying. I am hesitating between original P3XY black colour and this one.... (btw: what colour code is this? )

dunczyk1.jpg

resizeofp1000592.jpg

Anyone has a picture of freshly resprayed black 205 GTI ?????

What are the thickness of the spacers ?

SurGie it's bare minimum to fit Brembo's - 24 mm, the gap is so small between Speedline's that when wheel wasn't precisely balanced it was rubbing against the caliper. laugh.gif

How is your project going ? I can't wait to see the final product man!

PS: I just got the rev counter loom from Spiky, hopefully that will sort out my rev counter then. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Para

SurGie

Yeah its going well, im nearly at the point of fitting all the parts onto the car :) Iv had a few problems though that takes more of my time. Its all the prep thats takes most of the time, fitting everything back will be easy and quick, here's hoping.

I dont have the paint code for that colour but the colour itself is steel grey, check out the forums main site and the code should be there, i like that colour too :) Its a rare colour and was not very popular when they were first selling these cars.

It should be on the technical section of the main website HERE

Para

Thanks for the tip about the colour. I looked on few websites and the colour code is M1TA - Magnum Gray. I'm really tempted now wub.gif As you said, color will look nearly black at night and gray in the daytime.

Para

Got the missing rear light today from ebay. Now I have 2 brand new AXO lamps for the rear ! Brilliant ! wub.gif

20110106005.jpg

screenshot20111029at101.png

Para

To freshen up the engine bay I got these from Peugeot.

post-11365-0-65743600-1320702103_thumb.jpeg

post-11365-0-88071800-1320702107_thumb.jpeg

Para

Not much updates on the car recenty. As part of the winter overhaul car has been fitted with Baker BM group N engine mounts, this eliminates engine movement in engine bay and make the whole car "stiffer" well the feel of it at least. Every plastc shakes twice louder then before blush.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

We've changed the timing belt...

5fe8fa164318178.jpgadc36e164318306.jpg db0898164318336.jpg

and lower the rear beam, this is how the car looks like at the moment.

8ef74f167872041.jpg c32e66167872093.jpg 44ee30167872159.jpg e862f0167872271.jpg

Rev counter and oil pressure dial is not working yet...

Para

Manage to find 93 GTI for breaking. Took this lovely steering wheel of it and few A/C bits as well.

421815168707923.jpg 6fbb64168707952.jpg 6f9bbc168707971.jpg fdead9168707979.jpg e79067168707993.jpg 792747168708006.jpg