• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

daza4

[trackday_prep] Daza4's New Track Toy. (Replacement To The White O

daza4

Well i would like to introduce you all to my new track toy as of today once it had had a very quick 1st wash in-between the rain!!

I present M556 BOT :

As being picked up with lots of help from my mate Will Diclaudio - thanks Buddy

WP_000340.jpg

then pictures taken today.

WP_000348.jpg

WP_000349.jpg

WP_000350.jpg

WP_000351.jpg

WP_000352.jpg

WP_000353.jpg

WP_000354.jpg

Few things to be sorted out but thats what lists are for !! comments below most welcome !! thanks for looking and will keep updated on the progress!

1st thing is to raise the ride height a touch

sort the gear shift out as its running be3 lever but with be1 box !! not good !

sort the wiring out and strip what isnt required - ie the ECU etc.

Get it properly rolling Roaded so its set up properly

then go from there I have lots of plans but want to use this on track and enjoy it and not be working on it all the time like the last one !

daza4

Few more pictures taken today.

WP_000355.jpg

WP_000356.jpg

WP_000357.jpg

WP_000358.jpg

WP_000359.jpg

WP_000360.jpg

Bought from Dave87 on here so its been a PSOOC car and 205 Drivers car before so some may recognise it

Edited by daza4

Rolando

what seats are those? and what runners are they on? home made?

rallyeash

nice one! don't see many around on an M plate.

will look much better when its lifted a touch

Pugs in Pieces

thats daves old mardi gras from portsmouth aint it?

calvinhorse

saw this on ebay, looks awesome, whats the paint like? its been resprayed hasn't it?

calvinhorse

saw this on ebay, looks awesome, whats the paint like? its been resprayed hasn't it?

Iain-gti

I saw this on ebay too, how much did you get it for in the end if you dont mind me asking!

pugpete1108

i like it....

has made my mine up as to keep the rallye arches on my new shell, cheers :)

Batfink

paint the rivets on the arches. Then it will look spot on! I rather like!

daza4
what seats are those? and what runners are they on? home made?

the seats are Coberau Forza's i think on 205 sliding subframes. they will be for sale shortly as they are too high and I want to put some proper side mounted seats in nice and low !!

nice one! don't see many around on an M plate.

will look much better when its lifted a touch

Thanks - its why i liked it ! it used to be a mardi gras so base model but has had most parts changed !

one of the first jobs is to raise the suspension a touch - one click on the back and then adjust the front to suit, i need to as think that may have been one of the reasons i wrote off my last one as the back was too low ! plus it scrubs !!

thats daves old mardi gras from portsmouth aint it?

Yes Chris Your right mate - know much about the car or just sold him some bits !!

Yes it has been resprayed - but it has always been miami blue, the old owner - DAVE87 - Worked as a peugeot mechanic in portsmouth area and the car was painted in their workshop there are pictures of it on here under Daves profile. Yes it was on Ebay - but i didnt bid.

I saw this on ebay too, how much did you get it for in the end if you dont mind me asking!

I'd rather not say but Dave and I were happy with the price and its well worth it.

i like it....

has made my mine up as to keep the rallye arches on my new shell, cheers

Thank you Glad i helped ! I always liked the rallye arch look but having a GTI shell its an awful lot of work to do to the bodywork to get rid of all the clips on the sides for the gti bodykit !! having a standard shell makes life a little easier !

paint the rivets on the arches. Then it will look spot on! I rather like!

I strangely like the silver rivets !! but i can understand your point !

Thank you for all the comments and i will keep this all posted to what i do with the car ! Got a list that keeps growing all the time ! - but im going to enjoy it this year at least then get stuck in over the winter to make it my car !! ready to take to track days next year properly !!

Miles

Looks pretty solid which is very rare on a Late car, And a proper cage, none of this OMP rubbish

edbar

Looks good Darren, look forward to seeing it!

mochyndu

Lovin the blue/black paint combo,looks well hard.....

daza4

Bit of an update!

work has begun on the refurb of the car as bits kept falling off !!!

I have removed the engine as this will be rebuilt and modified for more power, i will know a bit more when it all comes apart but i want to balance and lighten the bottom end and then do some work to the head and possibly put a lairy cam in it.

i still have to raise the suspension ! a few bits are being powder coated - the subframe etc

i have new seats to go in these will be fitted with new solid bars in the floor to lower the driving position there are a few more mods but you will see as the progress carries on!!

a few picces of the progress so far.......

WP_000113.jpg

WP_000114.jpg

WP_000117.jpg

WP_000127.jpg

WP_000129.jpg

WP_000137.jpg

WP_000142.jpg

Bit of wiring being removed and tidied up!

WP_000145.jpg

Heater gone..... replacement to be found...

WP_000144.jpg

dash lightened...

dummy fit..

WP_000149.jpg

what do you reckon so far.........

clen666

Nice BOT! Looks lovely in those first pictures, and looks like you're making good progress, keep it up.

I've just removed all the wiring from my 306, weighs a ton

Josh_Quant

I thinks it looks very fat :wub:

does it need to be raised for a track car?

Lowercase

really like this, that thing looks the tits!

daza4
does it need to be raised for a track car?

Yes as it rubs the rear arches ! its deceptive at the ride height as the arches have been fitted afterwards - if the gti bodykit was fitted it would be on the floor trust me!

the front is easy as its on coil overs but the rear is torsion bars ! a little bit more work but have done it before so no real hardship!

im liking the number plate but get difficultys getting an MOT as the car doesnt have a CAT - but needs one for the age..... may be reshelled at some point back into my old car id. but need to look into how and what i can do....

few bits are being painted and then i can start the process of putting stuff back.

Im replacing the rubber fuel hose that was ran inside the car, as the car always smells real bad of fuel. this will be done with copper pipe. the brake lines in the engine bay are also being modified too but you will wait and see the progress on those as i have a few tricks i want to try with the refurb.

i need to get the engine apart and get the head played with - 3 angle valve seats cut - more porting and polishing and potentially a new cam. bottom end balanced. crank knife edged.

will see what the costs are for these items and go from there.

thanks for all the positive comments hope to see you all out there this year at track days and shows.

Daza

Anthony

im liking the number plate but get difficultys getting an MOT as the car doesnt have a CAT - but needs one for the age..... may be reshelled at some point back into my old car id. but need to look into how and what i can do....

The MOT test should be done using the emissions criteria for the older out of the car and the engine, which in your case, should mean a non-CAT test assuming that's a non-CAT 1.9 8v (D6B) you've got fitted. It is up to you to prove the age of the engine however, but assuming you've got a copy of the V5 from your old car that should be easy enough, and some MOT testers don't know the rules so you'll have to point it out to them.

It only becomes a problem if you subsequently fit an engine that is new enough to be subject to the CAT emission rules - e.g. S16 or GTi-6.

daza4

I Do have a friendly mot tester ;)

update of work done today :

Steering column painted & excess removed - ie lock barrel

Photo0167.jpg

Seat mounts cut out:

Photo0168.jpg

Photo0169.jpg

will need to get some grinding discs tomorrow to complete this job but pleased with results so far.

daza4

Got these on friday too !! :)

Photo0160.jpg

daza4

Bit of an update - my parts are ready to be collected from the powder coaters :) wont put any pictures up yet as want it to be a surprise from now on !! more work been done in the evenings this week, been there every night apart from friday! so got plenty done.

more fiddly bits to do and the engine to be taken apart and checked before its rebuilt, updates as that happens.

seat rails are all cut out ready to have new bars welded in - but need to purchase some side mounts to be able to do that ! so more spending.....

daza4

Picked up the new heart for my beast. will upload some pictures but a brief spec....

Peugeot 205/309 1905cc 8v fast road/trackday engine

1.9 alloy block acid dipped cleaned and painted

Karl Schmidt forged pistons balanced and machined for valve clearance

Liners lightly honed

1.9 rods lightened and balanced

1.9 re-ground crank lightened and balanced

XU10 large oil pump with uprated spring and baffle plate

Steel sump with trapdoor style baffle

Balanced front damper pulley

Head skimmed to raise compression 12:5:1

Kent Cams PT27 competition cam with 304 deg duration + 12.49mm lift(see kentcams.com)

Kent Cams Vernier pulley, Double valve springs and shims

Head fully ported and flowed into valve seats

Larger inlet valves +1mm / standard size exhaust valves

Three angle cut valve seats and new bronze valve guides

Inlet manifold matched and ported to accept up to 50mm dcoe/bodies

Powder coated cam cover, upper and lower engine mounts

Silicone oil filler hose and cam breather hose

last setup (22/7/11) was making 169.9 bhp @ 7023rpm and 144 ft/lbs torque @5642rpm. we will see what happens when i get it up and running :D

gsidave

Looks like a fun project daz. What was up with the old engine ?