205GTIDrivers.com has just received a major redesign and the update is still in progress, so please bear with us. You may want to clear your browser's cache and cookies for this site. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, we invite you to post feedback in this topic: http://www.205gtidrivers.com/topic/171489-new-website-feeback/ 

Sign in to follow this  
Pugnut

Successful Prosecution Of Fraudulent Member

Pugnut

This morning the above mentioned ex member pleaded guilty to 13 counts of fraud.

Fines and repayment has yet to be set, and to be honest i'm not expecting any more than 50p a week! But the important thing is that he has been succesfully prosecuted.

It hasn't been easy since it involved 13 different police regions, but i'm happy that we got there in the end, and the hard work payed off.

I hope this is a message to anyone thinking they can come in and take the mick out of our classifieds section. Ultimately the forum will pull together to resolve.

Have a happy new year!!

Al

• Like 1

Pugnut

I just stumbled across another topic where a member found this and thought it wasn't so visible.

So here it is!

One thing to learn from this, is that keeping the trading on the topic is highly recommended. When you get responses to wanteds, or if you respond to for sale items via PM , it gives a possible fraudulent member a chance to sell the same item many times over.

For your own safety, please try to keep trading in public, and notify the Mods as soon as you smell a rat.

Al

Rich_p

I had a letter through this morning from Warwickshire Justice Centre asking me to contact them and confirm I wanted to be kept updated on the case.

The letter itself says it's only for 6 counts of fraud and that he is on bail and doesn't go to court until the 13th when he will then have to plea.

I thought it was all done and dusted? (I'm not really up on the justice system, I've been fairly well behaved!)

Cheers again though Al for pulling everyone together on this.

benny205mi16

I have also reveived a letter today saying the same,

but I am sure when I spoke to a police officer on the phone she said he had pleaded guilty and we would be contacted about any compension claims.

Thank you to Allan for sorting this all out, I do not think we would of got this far without his efforts.

Thank you

Baz

A cracking result worthy of all the effort, well done guys!

MerlinGTI

Indeed, well done to all those involved. Great result.

Gutted scumbag :lol:

1.9er

Hmmmm Pugnut.....I remember ordering a 205 forum sticker of you several years back and I still have not received it yet. :)

Chris H

It may be coincidence but i've been scammed by someone on another car forum.....i paid for a clutch and nothing has materialised after 5 weeks......the seller is called Lee and thats about all the info i have apart from his bank account details!

I just wonder if its the same person!

Any advice on how to take action on this.

Good to see in this case......action has been sucseffuly taken.

Rich_p

I just got the call from the police.

He was found guilty yesterday.

My phone was cutting out but it sounded like a suspended sentence, 100 hours community Service plus he has to pay back nearly a grand.

Top effort all round.

Pugnut
I just got the call from the police.

He was found guilty yesterday.

My phone was cutting out but it sounded like a suspended sentence, 100 hours community Service plus he has to pay back nearly a grand.

Top effort all round.

great news. I think i'm out of loop since i'm not one of the complaints he was prosecuted against.

On another note, i had a PM from another member yesterday linking to a cylinder head he has on Piston heads. Buyers beware!!

Al

Rich_p

I wonder why some of the cases were used and not others?

Goliath

Sounds like a good result!

Who was actually charged? Was it Lee Wakelin or David Kellegher? Or are they the same person?!

Am I right in thinking a suspended sentence means no jail time unless he is caught doing the same thing again within the set time period? If so then might be worth pointing the cops in the direction of the pistonheads listing!

Para

Was it the guy trying to put some orders for group buy for SL434 wheels ? :(

Henry Yorke
Was it the guy trying to put some orders for group buy for SL434 wheels ? :(

That was someone different and I don't think he was corrupt, just a little over ambitious!

Rich_p

Some interesting news,

He has been ordered to pay back the money owed in full to the court by the 24th of Feb..

M_R_205

I got all the same info, had a phone call few weeks ago stating that he had to repay my money, also a letter for me to give my bank details for the money to be paid into,

If it gets paid on the 24th that will be a nice birthday present :)

irmscher

Im,e new on here what happened ???

Rich_p

I just called the courts for a bit of an update.

It's not looking like people will see any real amounts of money anytime soon.

He has been ordered to pay money back to the courts monthly as he couldn't do it in one lump sum but the lady said it was a very minimal amount as he is currently not working.

Surely they should send baliffs and get goods to the value of the amount he owes and reclaim the money that way?

Or stop any benefits money he is getting as effectively we are paying for that out of our taxes and then getting it slowly paid back.

Sounds like a win win for him!!

Oh and Irmcher, he sold goods to people on the forum and then never sent them.

M@tt

what a load of bulls*it!!

Stuff like this really boils my piss, the justice system in theis coutry is a joke!

Is there no way anyone can get his address from the court documents and someone go an stow his windows in the absolute prick!

irmscher
:o smash his windows you would be better drilling the sump on his car :D

lewis205cti

Soulds like a right result. What a bloody loser.....

Guest zeb

Glad you lads got him sorted...scumbag indeed

shame though, I'm so old I can remember when forums were just groups of like minded people and they looked out for each other (which evidendtly you have done) but it just shows..one bad apple and all that :angry:

jackherer

I think you are viewing the past through rose tinted glasses, I remember a forum member stealing a set of wheels off me over ten years ago.

Rich_p

Has anyone actually received any money back yet?

benny205mi16

Hello,

I have not had any money back yet,

My guess is he will be paying it back at 50p a week, so it will take forever for us to get anything back.