205GTIDrivers.com has just received a major redesign and the update is still in progress, so please bear with us. You may want to clear your browser's cache and cookies for this site. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, we invite you to post feedback in this topic: http://www.205gtidrivers.com/topic/171489-new-website-feeback/ 

• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

cRaig

[car_restoration] My Longwinded 1.9 Laser Project

steve@cornwall

After all the effort gone into this, i think you would really regret not finishing it 100% as you intended even if you do sell it. Our tastes and priorities change throughout our lives and the beauty of the trusty 205 has been that it's been relatively affordable to change our cars along with this. With recent pricing of cars and parts this is becoming unrealistic for most now. Also, what a short while ago would have I been a terrific daily car could now seem to precious to use as such! But it isn't just a car, it's evolution has been a part of you for a long time and i reckon you would forever regret not completing it.

Of course if you get to a point you need the cash in hand it will be a no brainer.Many years ago i needs to sell my 1275gt for furniture purchase in a new house. Much as i loved that car (and it looked great with ribbons etc for my wedding) i never regretted the sale.

cRaig
Posted (edited)

On the road again...

Decided that moaning and not doing anything wasnt really an option, so have found a (very) expensive garage to rent a 10min cycle from both my work and where I'm living, so the plan is to start pottering with it in evenings and weekends to get back some enthusiasm for it.

In fairness, it was nice to see it out in the sunshine today, still looks pretty damn good...

34015325836_dd1903b389_b.jpg

Will try and get all the broken links in this thread fixed soon, perhaps seeing the before/after images will help motivate me :)

Edited by cRaig
  • Like 2

pugdamo

Looks so good, but it would look better with all the wheels touching the road and the sun shining. Glad you are trying to find some motivation, I'm sure you will be happy when summers here.

ALEX
Posted (edited)

I regret selling my Laser Gti.

Would be worth more than the £1600 I got for it 6 - 7 years ago even if I'd have left it outside in the rain.

edit:

Saying that my mate regrets scrapping 2 - Gti's and 3 Mi16 engines for £175 about 10 years ago!

I keep sending him ebay links of junk 205s just to wind him up.

Edited by ALEX
  • Like 1