• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

cRaig

[car_restoration] My Longwinded 1.9 Laser Project

Daniel185

any update on this? :)

monkee87

Another one who like the rear headrests in normal seats! I usually cut up a set of front seats frames and use the little tubes that headrests go in. That way you use the white bit with the clip and the bit that slots into it on top of the seat. The headrests then work like normal like the front seats. :P

Also took the oppurtunity to fit some rear headrests from my old spare interior.

dscf2275.jpg

dscf2269w.jpg

The front bolsters are soo much more supportive and grippy now, really hug in the corners while mentaining the general peugeot softness. I do love the standard seats, cant think of a car that Ive been in with better

seats really! (maybe I just need to go in more cars.. :))

I dont know if people are bored with me banging on about my crappy pug, but I realised that all the stuff ive done and talking about was spread out over a few different threads, and plus writing this up beats doing uni work:D

:)

• Like 1

hman205

any update on this?

cRaig

Hey chaps, no updates as of yet :) Im going back home this weekend, might pop to the bodyshop and see how things are going. As I dont really have any storage for it at the moment, Im not too fussed that I dont have it back yet!

Plus all focus is currently being spent on a rusty, rusty MG.. sigh.. two failed projects lol

-sinden-

img5337u.jpg

img5338k.jpg

what wheels are these? they look simular to nimrods.

very nice project by the way, no corners cut here, the way it should be :lol:

Smudgey1985

are they sl343's?

cRaig

Yeah, speedline sl434s :)

cRaig

Ive heard a rumour that a certain 205 has been sprayed.. Im back home next week so pictures to follow soon hopefully B)

hman205

Looking forward to your update

cRaig

Its gone all green again smile.gif Feels a little odd, as its been that long it doesnt seem like my car anymore. Im sure that will change once I get it back and start work on it at some point.
Theyve got a few little pieces to finish off, and it should be ready in 2-3 weeks.

35074998683_101d727702_c.jpg

35884156235_962b5f5afc_c.jpg

Certainly cant tell its had a new quarter smile.gif

35074997763_7de477d830_c.jpg

Edited by cRaig
  • Like 1

hman205

Looking Good wish I had a Laser :huh:

hatemgti

The speedline SL434 will look perfect for this color, i like them

lukesaddy

just ready your full thread mate,

looks nice the first time it was done, shame about crashing it though, i crashed my pride and joy (106 xsi) and i was gutted and lost all motivation with it, i regret not getting it sorted so top marks for sorting it all out.

i wanna see it finished !! haha

cRaig

Nearly exactly one year later its actually been finished by the bodyshop and is being trailered out tomorrow :)

Unfortunately means the bill needs settling. :s Its not been cheap, but I *think* im still just about happy Ive kept the old shell not reshelled. Too late now though lol.

hman205

get some fresh pic's up when you se her

Joehow

looks awesome dude.

I have been trying to get two rear quarters of peugeot but i cant seem to find any in europe ;).

Gives me a bit of faith to get going on mine.

Didyou do the prep work for the body shop yourself i.e. rubbing down etc?

Joe

cRaig

Ah, unlucky. Guess I bought my panels at a good time then.. What do you need two quarters for? Anything serious?

I didnt do any of the prep, but I stripped it down, took the mangled wing off myself, and all the trim, locks etc. They are far to fussy to be happy with my prep, so they would have ended up doing it again afterwards lol.

Joehow

Ah okay good to have a fussy bodyshop.

I have rust on the lower rear quarters and sills and have managed to get hold of the the original pug sills and was looking for the panels as well as its cheaper in the long run than having something fabricated to fit in the cut out metal gap vacated by the rust.

I learnt a lot of prep techniques etc doing alot of saturdays restoring an old porsche with my dad when I was younger so will be doing the prep as much as I can myself but will obviously leave the big stuff to the professionals as I want the best finish I can afford.

Car is immense btw so so so worth keeping.

cRaig

Yeah, thats fair enough, may well be worth getting new metal in there then. Good luck finding the panels, there must be a few around somewhere!

Was tidying up today, and went to have a poke around the 205 as its now in winter storage. Its nice to have my car back, can start sorting out parts and seeing what Ive got and what needs doing! Its been a while since Ive worked on it lol!

GTi'm back! biggrin.gif

35075066523_4f3f243afc_c.jpg

New rear bumper mount, nice and strong again smile.gif

35752946921_a3782c1eaa_c.jpg

The new quarter

35752947761_b65af53e66_c.jpg

Newly stonechipped and resealed front arches (two new wings on the front)

35843606836_5cf408acf6_c.jpg

And a few green bits inside and alot of crap that needs sorting out

35753176391_6ac2647b61_c.jpg

Until the next time...

Not alot will be happening this side of spring, hopefully will whip the 8v engine out, and will start the wheels in motion to get that rebuit. Will sort out all my shiney bits, and amass the last few bits and pieces I think I need. Keep an eye out for my wanted thread as once again I'll need your guys help!

Craig

Edited by cRaig

swordfish210

Yay :rolleyes:

cRaig
Yay :D

I might need your help actually at some point if you are bored.. might need a hand to get the engine out :D Depends if my gf wants to help with the 205.. :P

swordfish210
I might need your help actually at some point if you are bored.. might need a hand to get the engine out :) Depends if my gf wants to help with the 205.. :lol:

Can do, i'm working 12 hours a day atm so i'm quite tired most of the time :lol: Drop me a PM sometime and maybe we can do a weekend haul on it.

cRaig

Well, a little progress..

Have been slowly amassing (yet more) parts, have recently bought:

brand new SAD

brand new AFM

2 new Siem Driving lights

Extended braided hoses for 306GTi 6 calipers

Brand new 406 23mm master cylinder

and a chrome plated wheel arch water pipe (couldnt help myself :))

Have also dropped the 8v engine off at Miles's for a rebuild- so far hes reported back that the liners are pretty worn, and the camshaft is showing signs of wear. Head and block are alright so should benefit from some new pistons and liners and a general rebuild.

Once Ive had the dizzy refurbed and the injectors asnu cleaned then hopefully will be alot nearer standard power figures :lol:

allye

Your right, that has been fairly long winded! But stunning none the less. I hope I don't put mine in a hedge when I finished rebuilding it!

Look forward to seeing it done.

Ali