• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

SurGie

Rear Stub Axle

SurGie

Hi,

Iv searched and only found 3 pages about rear stub axles.

Which none of them iv searched through can confirm if the ZX disk type non ABS, 205 GTI, 309 GTI's rear stub axles are the same length, apart

from the ABS type, which afaik are longer to cope with the hub ABS sensor cog bit.

Can any one tell me if all rear disk stub axles are all the same length on the above models ?

Thank you in advance :D

EDIT> I read somewhere on here that you can not buy the new stub axles from Peugeot without having to pay for the trailing arm together.

Is there any where like GSF i can buy them new ?

Edited by SurGie

one-lady-owner

Do a search for skip brown on the net, new and/or used, or sport peugeot are the places to get them from. I paid £30 delivered from skip brown, arrived next day so well worth it!

Not sure about sizes for different cars though!!

jimistdt

AFAIK the 1.9 is the same as the 309, the 1.6 is shorter.

I'm not sure if the ZX is the asme as the 1.9/309, I'd guess it is, but I will find out for sure.

They are available seperately, depending how thing go I'll have some before the new year.

I think they are available at Peugeot Boutique Fr.

SurGie

Great thanks for the replies on this people :ph34r:

I await on the answer whether or not the ZX disk stub axle is the same length as the 1.9 205/309. I would imagine they are the same

size, i just need some conformation from the suspension pro "type" people (This Inc's you jimi :P)

I have a little issue with a certain company, which i wont name for obvious reasons. An answer to this question would help me solve

my issue.

philfingers

wouldn't be a 'ghost' company close to where you're based?

SurGie

That's very helpful, thank you soo much, :lol:

SurGie

Can any one help with this at all ?

Cheers..

Miles

Disc and Drum ones are different, ABS one's I'm pretty sure are different again.

It's not something that needs replacing thou normally

SurGie

Thanks Miles, i did not notice you had posted till now.

Sorry about the last PM, cheers...

Any hoo iv just measured my ZX trailing arm stub axle from the trailing arm edge to the end of the stub axle, and it measures

6cm exactly.

Is this any difference to the 205/309 GTI 1.9 one ?

dynacord

upping the thread for a little question

since the trailing arms of 306s (phase1) and 205s (both discs non ABS) are the same (or very similar ^_^ ) - aren't the stub axles supposed to be the same? and if not, what's the main difference?

I mean, they are using the same brakes and same suspension setup, except the little camber which the 306s arms are giving (or again I'm wrong :) )

i have one very bent stub axle which needs to be replaced and the local dealers are selling it with the full arm, but for 306 it's possible to get only the axle

cheers, Alex

welshpug

Alex, I wouldn't buy one from Peugeot at all!

I would obtain an used one or I believe Peugeot Sport (France) can supply them, they were 15 euro's last time I saw them listed, twice that and more from Special Tuning UK.

The 306 stub axles are a little longer like Miles said, never confirmed their length properly though so I can't say exactly how much longer they are.

I don't think it'd be an issue to fit a spacer between the bearing and the nut as long as the dust cover will still fit.

Edited by welshpug

pug_ham

205 Rear Stub axles;

Rear Stub Pin 1900 Discs (7240-1N)

Gp N Rear Stub Pin 1900 Discs, Plain Shank Length 105.0mm

Rear Stub Pin 1600 Drums

Gp N Rear Stub Pin 1600 Drums, Plain Shank Length 98.0mm

306 & ZX? stub axles (I assume disc only? );Gp N Rear Stub Pin for Standard Arms - Plain Shank Length 110,0mm

Graham.

welshpug

sounds right Graham, Servicebox Citroen only shows them for the disc beam and a total length of 140mm (NFP though)

I think later xsara/306 ones are 115mm plain shank length.

dannydub

I found out today my stub axles are slightly different. Both equal in length but on one, the thread goes further down than the other one.

The one with the shorted thread won't allow the hub nut to tighten up which then makes it feel like the wheel bearing has failed (wheel bearing is new)

Can anyone tell me what stub axle I have as I don't know!

Thanks

welshpug

did you forget the washer?

dannydub

No, washer is there!

tartanbloke

No, washer is there!

There is your answer.

welshpug

are we talking disc or drum brake and what is the length of stub axle you have? (ignore the thread)

Edited by welshpug

dannydub

are we talking disc or drum brake and what is the length of stub axle you have? (ignore the thread)

Rear discs. 136mm

welshpug

that sounds like full length, is that both sides? there's a spacer behind the disc bearing too.

dannydub

that sounds like full length, is that both sides? there's a spacer behind the disc bearing too.

Yeah that's both sides but the threads are 10mm different

ftoomsh

I believe bakerbm do a grp n stub 

welshpug

from all you've said the stub axle is the same, plain shank the same, both washers in place, so it "should" be fine.

or you are not understanding what we are asking.

good pictures will help,