• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest B1ack_Mi16

Broken Clutch After Trackday...

Fuqa

s*it!, that clutch has properly died!

pug_ham

That clutch certainly seems to be no use anymore! :D

Did it just start to slip badly or explode suddenly in an exciting manner?

Has it caused any damage to the flywheel surface?

Graham.:wacko:

Doof

Surely it was a bit tired before the trackday or are you running like 300 bhp?!

Guest B1ack_Mi16

Hm.. It's actually only a standard Mi16 cat version with a skimmed head to raise the cr slightly.

Intake manifold is from Gutmann and we have an GM throttlebody which is 80% bigger than the original Mi16 one. I don't think we have more than about 160bhp.

The clutch didn't slip at all before it suddenly totally slipped :wacko:

Almost impossible to drive the car. I couldn't see any marks on the flywheel so everything is fine apart the clutch :D

Think I'll go for a reinforced organic material clutch with a stronger pressure plate.

I've heard that the Cerametallic clutches wears a lot more on the flywheel and pressureplate.

cybernck

i've solved the same issue with this:

mi16-clutch.jpg

:wacko:

red

Yep thats the one to run,Cybernck is that an AP item it looks exactly the same as mine, as I'm after a spare driven plate to have it re tipped , you'll only get about 5000 mile from them as well......

Regards Russ.......

Hilgie

I have the same item from OMP.

Guest TB_205GTI

that tire..... It sure has gripped well...

blackscooby

At an event a few weeks ago mine failed with absoluetely no warning at all.

My brother did has first practice run at Aintee with no problems, when we swapped over he said that it was running well..

I did my tyre warming to get rid of all the crap off the tyres (sure its more physological than anything else).

Off the start line all went well. Lost a little too much traction off the line, but nothing more drastic. Changed at 8000RPM as I usually do, into 2nd and released clutch..... nothing, no drive at all. Gear leaver felt fine, just had no final drive.

There was no feeling of anything failing in the car at all. Watch the in-car video and it just looks like I've got a box of neutrals. You can't tell anything failed either.

Took the clutch out and literally 1/2 of the material on the clutch plate was splattered around the housing.

Replaced with an AP 4 paddle cerametalic clutch. Hopefully this should be better :D

cybernck

red> no, mine is a custom made one :D.

sleeper205

o u c h :o

the only thing that i can think of that would make your clutch go like that, iiiis:

God punishing you for having VENOM wheels! :D

(well, someone had to mention it :huh: )

Sign in to follow this