• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Ams

Another RBF600 user here, also Fuchs Titan Pro-S 5w40 for engine oil.

Probably worth mentioning the oft overlooked MTF seeing as it faces more of a pounding than engine oil during hard use. I'd change it at every engine oil interval/track day using Fuchs Titan Sintofluid 75/80 on the BE3, a little more expensive but I've found it more resiliant than Totals BV offering and it retains the same aluminium synchro protection providing a nice smooth shift.

ftoomsh

i will be using castrol edge titanium but am yet to decide on wether to use the 5w40 or the 10w60

castrol srf to power the ground anchors!

petert

I'm going to try some Willwood EXP 600, as we're currently boiling the fluid.

unariciflocos

I've recently switched to Motul Competition 15w50 on my freshly rebuilt Mi16 and I have rock solid 6 bars of pressure at all times, never went under 2 at idle. I will need to install a thermostat on the oil cooler since it's running a bit cold.

Pricey stuff but seems the business so far after a first 1000 km valve train and crank bearing inspection.

barneys66

Just bringing this up for any new ideas on engine oil.

Doing a track day next weekend and going to put in fresh oil - what's out there for an 8v, or are the above still relevant..?

welshpug

never used anything but 10w40.

petert

Everyone has their favourite, no idea why. Mine is Penrite Racing 15W-50. I wait until it's on special and buy up big.

jackherer

Climate is a big factor, what is the Peugeot recommended grade in Australia?

petert

10w-40, but I still race with thicker oil.